A monumental audio collection that includes Every Full-Length Studio and Live Release in Artist's Official Columbia Records Catalog.
Definitive Library Brings Together 50 Years of Culture-Defining American Music from 1962's Bob Dylan through 2012's Tempest with 2 "Side Tracks" Discs of Non-Album Singles, B-Sides and Other Rarities Available as CD Box Set and Limited Numbered Edition Harmonica-shaped USB on Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Legacy Recordings and Columbia Records are proud to announce the release of the Bob Dylan Complete Album Collection Vol. One, a colossal box set encompassing the entire official discography of the American songwriter-performer who's revolutionized folk, pop and rock music over the past half century with a profoundly influential catalog of songs and sounds. Bob Dylan Complete Album Collection, Volume One will be available on Tuesday, November 5, 2013.
Beginning with tracks recorded for his eponymous 1962 Columbia Records debut album, the Bob Dylan Complete Album Collection Vol. One follows Dylan's restless transformations across six decades as a singer, a songwriter, a concert performer and a studio artist who's continually finding fresh ways of expressing and exploring the varieties of human experience, worldly and other, with music.
Bob Dylan Complete Album Collection, Volume One brings together for the first time, on two "Side Tracks" discs, a wealth of previously released non-album singles, tracks from Biograph and other compilations, songs from films and more.
The CD boxed set contains 35 studio titles (including the first-ever North American release of 1973's Dylan album on CD), 6 live albums, the 2-CD "Side Tracks," and a hardcover book featuring extensive new album-by-album liner notes penned by Clinton Heylin and a new introduction written by Bill Flanagan.
Bob Dylan Complete Album Collection, Volume One will be available as a limited-edition harmonica-shaped USB stick containing all the music, in both MP3 and FLAC lossless formats, with a digital version of the hardcover booklet, housed in a deluxe numbered box.
Each of the albums in the Bob Dylan Complete Album Collection, Volume One is being made available in state-of-the-art sound, with 14 titles* remastered especially for this set.
Coinciding with the release of the Bob Dylan Complete Album Collection, Volume One, four decade-specific digital album collections--Bob Dylan - The Complete Album Collection - The 60's, The 70's, The 80's, The 90's - 00's--will be released as online downloads. A fifth digital album collection, Bob Dylan - The Original Mono Recordings, the artist's first 8 studio albums in mono, will also be released as downloads.
Dylan is currently enjoying the critical and commercial success of The Bootleg Series, Vol. 10 - Another Self Portrait (1969-1971), the latest release in the acclaimed Bootleg Series of previously unreleased live and studio recordings. The Bob Dylan Complete Album Collection Volume Two, slated for release next year, will compile the entire Bootleg Series for the first time.
Bob Dylan and his band will be touring Europe and the UK this fall beginning with a concert in Oslo on October 10.
"There is not a bigger giant in the history of American music," said President Barack Obama when presenting Dylan with the nation's highest civilian honor at the Presidential Medal of Freedom Ceremony on May 29, 2012. "A modern-day troubadour, Bob Dylan established himself as one of the most influential musicians of the 20th century. The rich poetry of his lyrics opened up new possibilities for popular song and inspired generations. His melodies have brought ancient traditions into the modern age. More than 50 years after his career began; Bob Dylan remains an eminent voice in our national conversation and around the world."
Bob Dylan is perhaps the only recording artist to receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom, a Pulitzer Prize (a special citation awarded in 2008 for "his profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power"), an Academy Award for Best Original Song ("Things Have Changed") alongside multiple Grammy Awards.
Bob Dylan Complete Album Collection Vol. One includes:
- Bob Dylan (1962)
- The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (1963)
- The Times They Are a-Changin' (1964)
- Another Side of Bob Dylan (1964)
- Bringing It All Back Home (1965)
- Highway 61 Revisited (1965)
- Blonde on Blonde (1966)
- John Wesley Harding (1967)
- Nashville Skyline (1969)
- *Self Portrait (1970) - newly remastered for this collection
- New Morning (1970)
- *Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (1973) - newly remastered for this collection
- *Dylan (1973) - newly remastered for this collection
- Planet Waves (1974)
- Blood on the Tracks (1975)
- The Basement Tapes (1975)
- Desire (1976)
- *Street Legal (1978) - newly remastered for this collection
- Slow Train Coming (1979)
- *Saved (1980) - newly remastered for this collection
- Shot of Love (1981)
- Infidels (1983)
- *Empire Burlesque (1985) - newly remastered for this collection
- *Knocked Out Loaded (1986) - newly remastered for this collection
- *Down in the Groove (1988) - newly remastered for this collection
- Oh Mercy (1989)
- *Under the Red Sky (1990) - newly remastered for this collection
- *Good as I Been to You (1992) - newly remastered for this collection
- *World Gone Wrong (1993) - newly remastered for this collection
- Time Out of Mind (1997)
- Love and Theft (2001)
- Modern Times (2006)
- Together Through Life (2009)
- Christmas in the Heart (2009)
- Tempest (2012)
- Before the Flood (1972)
- *Hard Rain (1976) - newly remastered for this collection
- *Bob Dylan at Budokan (1979) - newly remastered for this collection
- *Real Live (1984) - newly remastered for this collection
- Dylan & the Dead (1989)
- MTV Unplugged (1995)
- Baby, I'm in the Mood for You
- Mixed-Up Confusion
- Tomorrow Is a Long Time (live)
- Lay Down Your Weary Tune
- Percy's Song
- I'll Keep It with Mine
- Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window?
- Positively 4th Street
- Jet Pilot
- I Wanna Be Your Lover
- I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met) (live)
- Visions of Johanna (live)
- Quinn the Eskimo
- Watching the River Flow
- When I Paint My Masterpiece
- Down in the Flood
- I Shall Be Released
- You Ain't Goin' Nowhere
- George Jackson (acoustic version)
- Forever Young
- You're a Big Girl Now
- Up to Me
- Abandoned Love
- Isis (live)
- Romance in Durango (live)
- Caribbean Wind
- Heart of Mine (live)
- Series of Dreams
- Things Have Changed
This definitive and complete collection of Bob Dylan’s works is a monument to artistry and genius of America's foremost prolific living singer / songwriter.